some of our favourite recipes straight from our farmhouse kitchen.
In this easy-to-make recipe, butternut squash is roasted with nutmeg for fantastic flavour, while carrots, red lentils, feta cheese and roasted seeds add further delicious depth and wholesome goodness. Comforting and filling, this soup is perfect for chilly winter days.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC
2. Prepare the butternut squash by cutting in half and removing the seeds. Then cut in to 1-2cm cubers (no need to peel!)
3. Put the squash, salt, pepper and nutmeg into a roasting tin and drizzle with hillfarm rapeseed oil and cover with 150ml of water. Roast for an hour.
4. Melt the butter and 1tbsp of rapeseed oil in a large pan. Fry the onion, carrot, celery and grated ginger for a few minutes before adding the stock. Bring to the boil with lid on and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add the roasted butternut squash and liquidise in the pan using a stick blender.
6. Return to the heat and taste for seasoning. If you would like some extra protein, add 3 tbsp dried red lentils and simmer for 15 minutes until softened.
7. Serve in warm bowls or mugs, sprinkled with Munchy Seeds and crumbled feta.