Hints and tips
- Do not use JUMBO oats as they do not stick very well
- Stand the spoon in the measured rapeseed oil, then use the spoon to
measure the syrup( the syrup will slide off the spoon more easily).
- Combine the mixture thoroughly, and if it will not stick together add more
syrup until it does.
- Press the mixture down firmly and evenly into the tin to aid the
- You will need to check the temperature of your oven and turn it up or
down according to how the bars cook.
- Check the oven after 15mins and add 5mins at a time until they are cooked.
- Cut the bars when they are warm and loosen the edge, remove them when they
- Store the bars in a fridge, the vitamin e content in the oil prevents the
oil from becoming rancid.
- The bars can be frozen successfully, but this will not prevent you from
eating them almost immediately they are taken out!
BEWARE ! THESE BARS CAN BECOME ADDICTIVE.